Monday 16 September 2013

Lotus Herbals Purestay Long Lasting Face Powder-Spf 20-Royal Ivory Review



My search for a good oil control compact has finally ended with Lotus Herbals Purestay Long Lasting Face Powder. I prefer using compact over a foundation as it sets the makeup and also controls oil to a great extent.





Price: 595 INR for 9 g

Claims:



Active Ingredients:

Rice Powder, Corn Starch and Ginkgo Biloba

Packaging:





Swatch:




My experience with the product:

The packaging is so pretty! The compact is packaged in a satin pouch. It has a mirror finish casing and a large mirror inside which is so useful for doing touchups and other makeup. After I finish off with this compact I will keep the case due to the mirror. The case is quite bulky to carry around though but I don’t mind carrying it around as it has a satin pouch which protects the case from any scratches. The case is delicate and might break if dropped.

The powder is very soft to touch and apply. It blends easily thus giving a natural look. It does not give your face that ‘white’ artificial look. It can give you a heavy made up look if not applied sparingly. I prefer using a powder brush. The puff provided is of no use. It has a nice fragrance which goes away soon after application.

I love the matte finish. If used alone it gives a medium coverage. After I use my concealer and foundation, this face powder effectively conceals the lighter spots. This compact covers up pores to a great extent and keeps oil in check for around 4 hours in humid weather. During winter when my skin turns a bit dry, it controls oil for a good 6 hours.

This compact contains spf 20 but I still prefer using my sunscreen first. Since you need to use very little, it won’t give adequate sun protection. The shade Royal Ivory will suit most Indian skin tones. This range has five shades so you will definitely find the one that will match your skin tone.

Lotus Herbals Purestay Long Lasting Face Powder is one of the best compact for oily skin. I don’t think it’s expensive since you need very little of this compact thus it will last long. I will definitely buy this again.

Pros:

1. Cost effective
2. Attractive packaging
3. Medium coverage
4. Contains spf 20
5. Blends easily
6. Controls oil to a great extent
7. Does not give a white look
8. Five shades to choose from
9. Nice fragrance
10. Preservative free
11. Did not break me out

Cons:

1. Delicate packaging
2. Full ingredient list is not mentioned

Rating: I would rate this product 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment