Tuesday 25 February 2014

Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer with spf 30 Review




Claims:



Directions:


Ingredients:



Packaging:



Swatch:


My experience with the product:

The product is easy to carry around due to the pump packaging which has a twist-to-lock system and thus ensures that the product is spill proof.

The moisturizer has a medium consistency. The fragrance is mild. Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer spreads and absorbs easily.

Upon applying this product for the first time, I was disappointed to see my skin turn greasy. I waited for around 10 minutes before applying any make up thinking that it might set well into my skin. But no! it just didn't. I have oily skin and I always prefer matte moisturizers. To make matters worse, this product broke me out. After just one use, I had a terrible breakout which took over a month to clear up. Even then I didn't want to throw away this product. I don't like to waste anything. Therefore I am using this moisturizer as a body sunscreen. My feet tend to get tanned easily due to maximum exposure to the sun. This works effectively as a sunscreen.

All in all, this has been a very disappointing product for me. Considering the humidity level here in Goa, this product will not be able to keep oil in check for even a minute! It may work differently in cooler climate though.

This moisturizer did not live up to its claims of being "formulated for acne-prone skin" or for that matter "provides a matte finish". It might work for dry skin. So, as far as moisturizers (for oily skin) are concerned, I will stick with Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture.

Pros:

1. Travel friendly packaging
2. Contains spf 30
3. Mild fragrance
4. No white cast
5. Spreads and absorbs easily

Cons:

1. Does not give a matte finish
2. Not suitable for oily and sensitive skin
3. This product gave me break outs

Rating: I would rate this product 1/5.



No comments:

Post a Comment