Friday 2 January 2015

Lakme Lip Love Lip Balm (Cherry) Review


Hello there! Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year. So let's begin with a review of a new product from Lakme.

Price: 200 INR for 3.8 gm

Packaging:




Swatch:



My views:

Lakme recently launched Lip Love Lip Balms in four flavours- Peach, Vanilla, Strawberry and Cherry. These lip balms were first available on Amazon and were launched in stores later on. I assumed cherry would be the most tinted and so i ordered the cherry variant.

The packaging is great. The lip balm has a transparent cap and the body colour matches to that of the lip balm. Lakme Lip Love lip balm has a creamy inner core that moisturises lips and an outer swirl of colour that gives lips a nice tint. This lip balm glides smoothly on my lips and leaves behind a subtle hint of colour. I am not particularly fond of the fragrance though as it smells artificial. 

My lips feel moisturised for around 2-3 hours after which I fell the need to re-apply. This also depends upon the weather. I also use this lip balm underneath lipsticks. This lip balm contains spf 15 which helps in protecting lips from sun damage.

I am surprised to see the ingredient list missing. I did not expect this from Lakme.

Overall I would say this is a decent lip balm and there is no harm in trying out this product at least once.

Pros:

1. Attractive and travel friendly packaging
2. Gives a nice hint of colour to lips
3. Contains spf 15
4. Glides on smoothly 
5. Moisturises lips well


Cons:

1. Artificial fragrance
2. No ingredient list

Rating: I would rate this product 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment