Friday 6 February 2015

Makeup Revolution London The Matte Effect Foundation Review (Shade-Golden)


I picked up this foundation online as I was looking for a daily wear foundation for some time now and so I thought of giving this a try. Read on to know more about Makeup Revolution London The Matte Effect Foundation.


Price: 390 INR for 25 ml (prices may vary during online sales)

Ingredients:


 Packaging:




Swatch:


My views:

Makeup Revolution London The Matte Effect Foundation in shade Golden is packaged in a sleek plastic tube having a screw cap and a nozzle. This foundation is a bit runny in consistency so you have to be careful when you are dispensing the product from the tube.

I prefer applying this foundation with my fingers as it blends better that way. It is lightweight and feels natural on my skin. This shade will suit medium skin tones. The coverage is minimal and so you cannot expect this foundation to cover up pigmentation and dark spots. This foundation is apt for daily use when I do not need heavy coverage.

As far as the finish is concerned, it is not completely matte but not dewy either. It feels just right for my oily skin. I like the way this foundation evens out my skin tone. I used it a lot during winter and I feel it will accentuate dry skin, so a moisturizer is a must before using this foundation. As for me it is perfect. I’ve found the right foundation for my oily skin for the summer.

This product claims to last up to 16 hours. I cannot substantiate on that as I’ve never kept makeup on for that long. At the most I had this on for around 8 hours and it stayed put on my skin. I noticed very minimal wear out. It might not last that long in humid weather though maybe 6 hours or so which is also quite good.

I don’t feel the need to use a compact when I apply this foundation as the finish is natural for my oily skin and not greasy/dewy.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product for oily skinned people. You guys will love it. I’m not sure about its availability in India. You might find it online though.

Pros:
1. Sleek packaging
2. No fragrance
3. Ideal for oily skin
4. Perfect for summer use
5. Long wear foundation
6. Easy application
7. Evens out skin tone
8. Did not cause breakouts 

Cons:
1. Highlights dry areas
2. Availability
3. Very minimal coverage

Rating:
I would rate this product 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment